I have started reading this book which sets out explain the basic parables about finance and how to acquire wealth in once's life time.
These are few important points that I have noted down from the book and my understanding of it.
- Each time I paid I took one from each ten pieces of copper and hid it under. I was no shorted of funds than before.
- You do eat the children of your savings? Then how do expect them to work for you? And how will they can have childeren and work for you?
- You first learned to live upon less than you could earn.
- Next you learned to seek advice from those who were competent through their own experiences to give it.
- And lastly you have learned to make gold work for you
- Opportunity is a haughty goddess who wastes no time with those who are unprepared.
- Then learn to make the treasure work for you. Make it your slave. Make its children and its children's children work for you.
- Counsel with wise men. Seek the advice of the men whose daily work is handling money.
- Enjoy life while you are here. Do not overstrain or try to save too much. Life is good and life is rich with things worthwhile and thing to enjoy.
#book-reading- 1 toasts